• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Laminator For Mounting Prints

lkt1954

I am looking for a 2nd laminator in the 50"-60" range to be used for mounting prints to mainly ACM and aluminum material. It doesn't have to be a name brand.

Any suggestions on some of the "off brand" laminators? I would like to stay under $2K.

Thanks
Larry

Christian @ 2CT Media

Why do you need electric? We use a little manual one called the OrangeA Laminator that worked great. We know brought in a flatbed application table, and hope to switch to that.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Daige has a 55" one that's $2K new...so used would be much less. And IMO Daige is only good for mounting.

Kathi Hauser

Sign Girl
I am looking for a 2nd laminator in the 50"-60" range to be used for mounting prints to mainly ACM and aluminum material. It doesn't have to be a name brand.

Any suggestions on some of the "off brand" laminators? I would like to stay under $2K.

Thanks
Larry

I agree with the Daige....Not because I sell them, I sell other brands...but In my own shop, I use a daige. I tell people all the time it is the most cost efficient simple cold laminator out there. Instead of setting it up as a laminator, I hinge the laminate to the print, then I can immediately hinge it to the substrate and mount. It is also same concept for RTA lettering. The new Daige is spring loaded so you don't have to switch the nip opening in between. You can always use it table top without the footswitch to save the $ now.

d fleming

+1 for daige as a simple mount machine. Heck I will sell you my old one but you will need a top roller cover, about 100 bucks. Don't need it any more as I no longer digital print in house.