• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Laminator issue - Take up not keeping up with laminate

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Hi all,

Just encountered a weird issue we've not had before:

We just put a fresh core onto the backing take up roller and began a new job. It seems as though the take up roller is struggling to keep up with the laminate coming off the roll. It's not just that though, the laminate is coming off at a faster rate than usual and it working it's way back up the backing paper that it's now ruined a rather long print job. I'm not sure if any of the tension adjustments have been bumped or not, but would appreciate any advice as I'd like to get back up and running with minimal down time.
Sorry if the description is confusing... I'll run another job shortly and I'll try get a photo if it happens again. In nearly 10 years I've never had this happen so it's baffling.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Crisis averted. Turns out the feed roller tension had been backed off too much. Tightened up by about 1 full turn and we're back to normal again.
Hopefully this info can save someone else in the future.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
We've definitely had that happen in the past. Like you've discovered it was a combination of too much backing paper on the core (you'd think we'd learn by now) and tensions not being dialed in.

Can really ruin your day when it sneaks up on you! Glad you sorted it out. :thumb: