• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Laminator problem

pbaccinelli

I recently bought a Ledco 44 inch heat roll laminator second hand from Fast Signs, a person who I have done business off and on with for some years. He told me all about the machine and showed me how to use and set up the machine using a different machine that was set up in his store because it was during business hours and he did not have room to set the other up. I was expecting him to set up and test the machine when it was delivered. He had someone else deliver it and they just dropped it and left. Regretfully, I trusted the wrong person and realized I had made a big mistake by going ahead and paying for the machine, because the laminator will not turn on. The heat roller mechanism is working fine, but there is no sound and and no functioning at all from the laminator rollers. The guy has promised over and over he would come out and look at it, and insists there is nothing wrong with the machine. It has been over a month and he never shows up and now avoids my calls.

I had a friend check the electrical and replaced one 24 volt transformer that he said seemed to be not outputting any current. The fuses are fine. I really need this machine to work. I have a my first partial boat wraps to do this week. I have a big squeegee, but would like to laminate my 20' pieces without whole to insure better durability and do not have near the surface room to do this. (work table is 8 feet long).

I am not sure who to call to attempt to service this machine or no idea what to try next.

I realize it was a naive thing to do, handing over my money without insisting on seeing the machine work, but I have to keep going from here. I do not want to waste a lot more money on this machine, but it would be so great if I could get it running.

Any advice on what to try, who to call, or hand laminating these 20 ' peices in the interum?

Pamela
:wavingflag:
Thank you in advance for your advice. It will be greatly appreciated.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Ledco laminators have safety interlocks that, if not fully engaged, will give the symptoms you describe. Make sure they are all closed and ready to go. In particular, the one on the safety gate where you feed in material.

pbaccinelli

Called NY and took the tray off and reinserted it, apparently it was not connecting to the safety interlock. You were right.. It works now!! :) Thanks for your help you guys!!:)

Malkin

Fred Weiss said:
Ledco laminators have safety interlocks that, if not fully engaged, will give the symptoms you describe. Make sure they are all closed and ready to go. In particular, the one on the safety gate where you feed in material.

Yep, we had to make some slight modifications to ours to make them engage properly.