• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Laminator Question

amerigrafix

We are considering buying a laminator to apply reflctive vinyl onto 5mm coroplast in 4' x 8' sheets...single-sided. Having never used one, will this work? Is the UStech brand a good one to buy for this? Thanks in advance for your input!!

Desert_Signs

We are considering buying a laminator to apply reflctive vinyl onto 5mm coroplast in 4' x 8' sheets...single-sided. Having never used one, will this work? Is the UStech brand a good one to buy for this? Thanks in advance for your input!!

Yes, it will work.

No, I don't know anything about the USTech. We use a Seal 60 Pro C. I can run full 50yd runs without any hiccups, by myself. The Seal is old and beat to heck, but still runs like a champ. I've run at least 200 rolls of material through it in the last 6 months. I can't remember the last time I lost any material to laminator failure.

If you're really planning on laminating very much reflective (which isn't cheap!), you probably owe it to yourself to get a good reliable laminator. The only other laminator I've used is a GBC. The guy I know that uses it has run maybe 50 or 60 rolls through it and is already having parts break.