• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Laminator shopping

NSDdesigns

Im laminator shopping. WOW, there is alot out there to look at. I have a local shop that has a WESCO F38 for sale that I looked at. I also have been paroosing the web and websites at stuff. Looking to spend no more then 4K if I can help it but want something that will last me and is fairly easy to maintain and use. (30" and up)

Can you guys PLEASE give me some pointers????

TANKS!

Mosh

Get at least a 60", even if you don't need the size now. Unlike printers you will have this a LONG TIME.

Letterbox Mike

Mosh is right, buy big and buy the best you can afford, they don't really become obsolete so get one that will last a while. Definitely go with a 60" unit if you can, even if you don't need it right now. You'll be amazed how useful it will be to have around.

For your budget, I'd look at Royal Sovereign. Their 60" cold unit will be a bit more than $4k but for the money they are really hard to beat. We had one that we abused like you wouldn't believe and it never failed us, they're very well built for an entry level unit. We got rid of it several years ago because we made the mistake of buying a 54" model that we outgrew almost instantly, if it was a 60" we'd still have it. I swear though it was built better than the Seal we replaced it with.

Custom_Grafx

Royal Sov user here and happy.

Agree with the 60" recommendation, and I strongly also recommend feed/take up option.

ChicagoGraphics

Bigger is better, you might want to check out Global garage they have some nice used laminators in your price range and might be able to pick up a better laminator at the fraction of it's original cost.

tbullo

Superunknown
We use a Royal Soveriegn at our shop with no problems. Also agree with getting the 60" as well

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
I have a rebranded Royal Soverign...Its been great for the 6 years Ive had it....looking for a new one now. Shopping Seal and AGL (Compadre) at the moment....

NSDdesigns

Thanks for the info guys. My issue right now is space thou. How wide exactly is a 60" laminator from outside to outside including all the casing?

I have a local company that is wanting to sell a 38" Wesco laminator. Any input? Opinions? But I was looking into a few Royale's the other day.

How about any input on the US cutter YH series laminators? The price it great! http://www.uscutter.com/index/page/..."+and+62"+Wide+Format+Roll+Laminator,+ColdHot

Awesome link to the global garage. THANKS!