• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

landline or cell

MatthewTimothy

im looking into VoIP.. my father-in-law introduced me to it. I pay only for the box which is 200 and i run all my calls through the internet and dont have to worry about paying a monthly phone bill.

wes70

I'm assuming your provider is Bell? We had a rep from Rogers in the other month offering us 2 business lines with all the features for $75 a month, I called Bell and told them I got a better deal elsewhere and wanted to cancel my service. They put me through to their "retentions" dept. who cut my phone bill pretty much in half to keep me as a customer.

It's always good to ask.

We have our Bell landline at the shop because you can't beat the reliability, but we have a VOIP phone also that we use for most outgoing and long distance calls, it costs us about $6 a month for the VOIP line and has knocked about $45 a month off our Bell bill in terms of long distance charges!

Yep Bell. I pretty much did the same as you, and they did reduce my monthly bill. As far as long distance, on my cell package I have 10 numbers that are unlimited nationwide...so no need for long distance service.

Mosh

At the shop I have alway had the same number. I have Time Warner phone/internet and it is only $80 total month for both. I have dropped all yellowpages ads (they don't work anymore). At home though, we only use cell phones, no land lines, and our internet is wireless from a tower in the county, $20 a month.