• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Larger targets when creating ICC profile

IsItFasst

Is there a way to make the target swatches larger when creating a new ICC profile? I've done so many profiles over the years but these tiny quarter inch swatches are just too small to get accurately or efficiently. Sometimes I have to scan a line 10-20-30 or more times before I get the right scan amount. And no doubt I'm sure some of the colors I'm scanning in are from the line above or below even when I get the right amount. Looking at the settings I can see I can change the page size but no matter the page size the swatches are always the same small size. Surely it shouldn't be this hard. I've got a pretty steady hand but the trying to get the round eye perfectly in line with the targets while dragging across that page (with sticking on some inks) is about impossible on a single pass.

dutst

I had the same issue for years actually and was slightly embarrassed when I found the solution that worked for me. In hindsight it was pretty obvious but took me a while to realize unfortunately.

I was using a computer with no sound, and thus didn’t get a queue when the spectro was ready to scan... and I was simply starting to scan too soon which resulted in not getting the right amount of swatches.

so, now I just hold the button, wait 2-3 seconds and then scan... and it never fails. Not sure if that is where your problem stems from but thought I would share.

Joe House

First off, you need to wait till your ink is dry before scanning. If that takes too long, you need to revisit the ink restrictions and ink limits or possibly your printer temperature settings.
The software will make the swatches that the device calls for. What spectro are you using? Do you have the ruler that goes with it? It's usually pretty easy if you line up the ruler before you start the scan and as Dusts says, wait before scanning till the spectro is ready and then don't try to scan too fast.

Good Luck

IsItFasst

Ha! I can see how that would be confusing not being able to hear the sound (but that's not the issue for me). I just realized I'm the idiot that didn't realize I have a guide in the luggage (Eye1). I can see that using that guide is going to make my job a LOT easier. Sometimes it's just reading something on here that gives me the "ah ha" moment of what I was missing. Knowing what that guide was used for sure would've made my job a hold lot easier in the past (no instructions so have always just done the steps in Flexi). I can zoom through this now. Thanks for opening my eyes! :oops: