• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Laser Level - My Best Friend

Shaun.x729

Ok,

So using a laser level has been the best thing I have used when it comes to alignment, and ensuring uniform application of graphics over a wide area.

The cool thing is you can set it up on a tripod or stick it onto a stud on the wall( Has magnets) It can beem a horizontal and vertical line and also both at the same time.

It has saved me so much time measuring. If I have a frosted film running across multiple windows, I just set up my tripod and it beams it across all windows in range( Goes around corners even!)

DEWALT DeWalt DW088K Cross Line Laser | The Home Depot Canada

I would recommend this product if you dont have one
vo0w3r.jpg

Last edited:

bigben

I just bought a Bosh laser level similar to this and I really like it. There is a clamp that come with it and I use something near or my tool box handle to clamp the laser. Really like it so far. For 84$CND at home depot, it's a must have.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
If you don't have one of these in your pocket or you just need to mark a pair of points level with each other that are some distance from each other all you need is a length of clear plastic tubing. Fill the tube, any length even miles, with water. Then hold the water in one end where you want to start and the other where you want a mark level with the starting point. Mark the water level in each end of the tube. Since the laws of physics are in full force, both marks will be level with each other.

This is the method used to set tile around the edge of a swimming pool or level the tops of a pair of wide gate posts or a series of pole building posts.. Set one tile or post where you want it, hold one end of the tube with the water even with the bottom of this tile or top of the post, and then mark the bottom or top of the remaining pieces. Curvature of the Earth notwithstanding it's simple, cheap, and foolproof.

C

ColoPrinthead

If you don't have one of these in your pocket or you just need to mark a pair of points level with each other that are some distance from each other all you need is a length of clear plastic tubing. Fill the tube, any length even miles, with water. Then hold the water in one end where you want to start and the other where you want a mark level with the starting point. Mark the water level in each end of the tube. Since the laws of physics are in full force, both marks will be level with each other.

This is the method used to set tile around the edge of a swimming pool or level the tops of a pair of wide gate posts or a series of pole building posts.. Set one tile or post where you want it, hold one end of the tube with the water even with the bottom of this tile or top of the post, and then mark the bottom or top of the remaining pieces. Curvature of the Earth notwithstanding it's simple, cheap, and foolproof.
That 8 inches per miles might come back to bite you in the ass though.

asd

agreed this is a must tool to have, makes the job easy and you know you are level

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
I use them all the time and are definitely worth it. Mine has paid for itself over and over. If you can get the green laser you be able to see it twice as far.

SignosaurusRex

This method is older than the Egyptians that built the Great Pyramids and is still employed in many trades where a Laser Level cannot be adequately utilized. "Water seeks it's own level".