• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Latest Versaworks 6 Update

Farmboy

Wondering if I'm the only one having issues with the latest VersaWorks update. It's apparently causing issues with the dampers (just on VG2 machines) and they have to be changed out. Now I remember why I turned off updates on my previous versions.

Joe House

Tom,

What version do you have? I haven't heard anything about the software causing problems with dampers. And I can't figure out how it would affect dampers at all. Do you mean firmware on your printer?

Farmboy

Tom,

What version do you have? I haven't heard anything about the software causing problems with dampers. And I can't figure out how it would affect dampers at all. Do you mean firmware on your printer?[/QUOTE
Tom,

What version do you have? I haven't heard anything about the software causing problems with dampers. And I can't figure out how it would affect dampers at all. Do you mean firmware on your printer?
Version 6.7.1 The heads are weeping. I just know what my tech told me. He says they have about 5 or 6 machine to fix, just VG2's and that he has to change out dampers. Just seems like at some point Roland would check their work. If these things were cars they'd be killing people on the road everyday. :-(

Joe House

I don't think it has anything to do with Versaworks. I do know that there are issues with print heads leaking ink. We've got a few cases going on with that as well. Unfortunately, we haven't been able to pinpoint the ultimate cause of this. I hope someone figures it out soon.

Good Luck

greysquirrel

A software rip would not do that. A firmware update to the printer absolutely can. Manufacturers have timer running on all of your parts to let you know when they have exceeded their life.

greysquirrel

It may not even be a firmware update causing tis...it could just be coincidental with their new software release...every printer has tis built in. This way you know when to have a pm service performed.