• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Latex 115 or 315 samples

Claytons

Does anyone have any picures of products printed on the 115 or 315, I'd love to see the type of results i can expect, Posters or canvas style prints, Thanks

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I show you a picture of a canvas 5m away and you couldn't tell the difference on which machine made it.

Get some real samples from the guys you are going to buy the machine.

Claytons

I have contacted hp for samples I just thought some users might have samples they are really happy with or even not so happy with.

Claytons

Brilliant, some cool stuff there, what does the quality of photographs look like when printed on the latex?

CanuckSigns

Don't rely on samples from vendors, most of them tweak the files so they print beautifully. Send some of your own files to a few local dealers and have them print them on different media's and different speeds/passes, only then will you see the real deal.

Zach Starr

Head of Printing Operations
Does anyone have any picures of products printed on the 115 or 315, I'd love to see the type of results i can expect, Posters or canvas style prints, Thanks
Looking for latex printers, also check out Stratojet Hawk Cleanprint. Check samples from them as well, and compare both. Also, would recommend sending your files so you can see the quality in both machines

Claytons

Looking for latex printers, also check out Stratojet Hawk Cleanprint. Check samples from them as well, and compare both. Also, would recommend sending your files so you can see the quality in both machines
Thanks for the recommendation, Unfortunately I'm in the UK so I need suppliers that can ship here. I found the HP 54" cutter on a few US web sites but none would ship to the UK, $3999 in the US and £7000 ( $9600 ish ) here in the UK

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I'm starting to realise this but, I'm not sure what choices I have, i know about the summa s one 140 but I'm not sure what other cutters can read the hp barcodes system.
Its not the printer that generates the barcode, it's the RIP. You can print with HP and cut with Graphtec. Print with Canon and cut with HP cutter.
It doesn't matter which you choose only make sure the software supports both.

Claytons

Its not the printer that generates the barcode, it's the RIP. You can print with HP and cut with Graphtec. Print with Canon and cut with HP cutter.
It doesn't matter which you choose only make sure the software supports both.
Sorry, I didn't make myself clear, I understand what you say but I am getting a latex and I want to use the barcodes system in the software but I don't know what cutter options I have that can just read the barcodes and cut.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Summa S One, S2, D-series. (HP Cutter)
Graphtec FC9000

I think those are your realistic options. I can't recommend any other brand. Now as long as your software supports the cutter it will have the support for barcode.

Zach Starr

Head of Printing Operations
Summa S One, S2, D-series. (HP Cutter)
Graphtec FC9000

I think those are your realistic options. I can't recommend any other brand. Now as long as your software supports the cutter it will have the support for barcode.
Yes you are correct Graphtec and Summa are the best options for cutters if you are looking for a barcoding print and cut solution. You just need to speak with the RIP Support and let them know you are wanting to print barcodes and use them on the cutting too.

Claytons

Yes you are correct Graphtec and Summa are the best options for cutters if you are looking for a barcoding print and cut solution. You just need to speak with the RIP Support and let them know you are wanting to print barcodes and use them on the cutting too.

i've managed to get hold of a summa D140 so its just a case of getting the printer now, Getting there 1 step at a time.

Thanks