• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Latex 310 surge protector

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
I'm not sure how 220v is more stable than 110v considering the 220v is just both phases of the 110v lines coming in. In general 220v is more efficient for many devices to run on though.

Aside from that I'm sure there are 220v surge suppressors out there. Most of the "panel" ones are intended for residential use only so read the fine print if you look at that route. What I'd look at (and what we have done here) is to get a commercial grade UPS system. You can frequently find them used for a fraction of their cost new. Of course they will usually need new batteries though but even with that the cost is very often still just a tiny fraction. We have two huge Eaton ones that take up over half of a full size server rack. One is dedicated to the printer and the RIP computer and can run the printer and rip for close to two hours. Granted, our printer is a Mimaki that only needs a single 120v circuit so the draw while running is a bit less. We do run it as well as the RIP at 240v though. The UPS's we have require 240v (ours require three phase as well but we have three phase power here so no worries) and provide both 240v and 120v outputs. The other one runs all the network equipment (3 servers, switch, router, 36 drive SAN, etc.). Another big plus to having things continue to run in a power outage is the UPS also provide full power conditioning, surge suppression, etc. as well. So everything connected always has the exact precise stable power they need. Of course the batteries will not last forever but it has saved multiple print jobs over the years by having the backup power allowing a print job to finish. Worst case (unless its a 100 foot long banner) is we can at least let the current job or panel being printed finish and abort the job between panels versus having a panel ruined. Then we can properly and gracefully shut down the RIP computer and all without worry of data corruption from just being instantly cut off.