• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Latex 335 - material crumpling

Myrecs

While printing long job, material becomes crumpled under the rollers. Material - syntetic canvas (230-260 g/m2), 1.52 m width. Not at the start but may be at the roll half. And somewhere at the width center. Bumps appear on the material and then printing head begins th scratch it. Only stopping print and lifting rollers helps to align material(. Changing vacuum, temperature and so on doesn't affect anything. And this problem also exists with Latex 360. Is this HP's defect?
20181213-182909.jpg"

20181213-183052.jpg

jpescobar

I suggest you to post that issue on HP Latex Knowledge Center https://hplatexknowledgecenter.com/. Choose the right section, in your case with the HP Latex 335 here the section https://hplatexknowledgecenter.com/printers/hp-latex-335.

I was about to buy a Latex Print and Cut 335 but I saw many feedbacks from users complaining about problems and issues on their printers. I finally abandoned the idea of buying a Latex despite the "versatility" and it famous "scratch resistance". I hope people here on the forum could help you and give you advices how to resolve that problem but I don't like the idea to have a commercial printer supposed to be profit-making turning into a headache.

Myrecs

I suggest you to post that issue on HP Latex Knowledge Center https://hplatexknowledgecenter.com/. Choose the right section, in your case with the HP Latex 335 here the section https://hplatexknowledgecenter.com/printers/hp-latex-335.

I was about to buy a Latex Print and Cut 335 but I saw many feedbacks from users complaining about problems and issues on their printers. I finally abandoned the idea of buying a Latex despite the "versatility" and it famous "scratch resistance". I hope people here on the forum could help you and give you advices how to resolve that problem but I don't like the idea to have a commercial printer supposed to be profit-making turning into a headache.
already posted.
can't agree with you that it is total headache, prints are really good and overall quality not bad. yes there are some issues, but you know, i dealt with an Epson eco solvent printer and believe me there are not much less problems. it's a large format printers and they cannot be without problems at all.

Dan360

Never seen that happen in just one spot. I'm assuming you're attached to the take-up if it's halfway through a roll. If you move the right end of the spindle to the inner position (or outer if you're running on inner) does it happen on that same roller? Also how much skew do you have when loading? When we run full rolls we keep it under 40 mils. And do you raise and lower the rollers before you start the print?

Not sure of a fix, just spitballin ideas to troubleshoot.

Carlos Valencia

While printing long job, material becomes crumpled under the rollers. Material - syntetic canvas (230-260 g/m2), 1.52 m width. Not at the start but may be at the roll half. And somewhere at the width center. Bumps appear on the material and then printing head begins th scratch it. Only stopping print and lifting rollers helps to align material(. Changing vacuum, temperature and so on doesn't affect anything. And this problem also exists with Latex 360. Is this HP's defect?
20181213-182909.jpg"

20181213-183052.jpg
20181213-182909.jpg"

20181213-183052.jpg

Hi we work mainly on Hp and know them extremely well. We have over 800 in stock now. This problem is usually the material not the printer. First check the quality of the material- we see many issues with sub quality materials. Secondly we've seen issues with materials that have been kept in high moisture areas. Of course, you should check the vaccum holes on the platten to assure they are clean. We are extremely happy with Hp latex printers. Unfortunately we have worked on all the other technologies like eco solvent and solvent and had nothing but high costs, difficult maintenance, and many other difficulties.

thx
Plottermaster

Carlos Valencia

Good catch 2CT! Thats definitely something to look in to. We see dirty vac holes are a cause of most of these issues. But the fix is easy. thx Plottermaster

Myrecs

The thing I see as odd is you have strong vacuum on the right side of the platen but none on the left. That's probably your bunching problem.
you are wrong. vacuum is the same across all surface. may be in the photo it seems so. printer is new, less than month.

Christian @ 2CT Media

you are wrong. vacuum is the same across all surface. may be in the photo it seems so. printer is new, less than month.
Just because it's new doesn't mean there isn't a clog some where. I've received a 570 with a out of square platen, and also a 360 with a damaged pin on the mech board.

For what it's worth we run canvas, wallpaper, paper, vinyl, scrim, etc on our 3 machines with no issue. So there its either something reducing vacuum or there is something pinching the material in the loading tunnel.

maximumapogee

I get the same problem on a latex 570 with nonwoven banner material. I think it's the material, here's a picture of a piece that hasn't gone through the printer yet:

upload_2019-2-6_15-37-8.png

It has bumps in it, plus the edges move from side to side.

Myrecs

the problem was with automatic substrate loading. it seems like it loads it irregularly. when load it manually everything is ok. HP should pay attention to this fact

dypinc

With automatic substrate loading, after it first loads I lift up the pinch rollers and rewind some back on the feed roll. That seems to straighten the substrate out going through the printer. I then lower the pinch rollers and proceeded to finish entering loading the substrate.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
the problem was with automatic substrate loading. it seems like it loads it irregularly. when load it manually everything is ok. HP should pay attention to this fact

lol, sounds like you should pay more attention.

I never use the automatic loading, it's so much easier to lift the handle, insert media, insert about 18" through, then roll the material back on the roll, this straightens it out nice and smooth. maybe one out of a hundred you have to reset it.