• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Latex 365 Ran Out of Ink-Printhead Now Bad?

AKProbeGT

We have a pretty new L365. It was showing that the cyan ink was low and I figured it would let me know when I needed to replace the cartridge like it has done so far and like out L26500 always did. That didn't happen and it ran out of ink during printing. I replaced the cartridge but now it won't print right. A print head test plot shows that head 3 is putting out almost no cyan ink. Unfortunately I hadn't purchased any spare heads for this machine so I can't replace that head. Can anyone tell me if the head is probably done for or if you think there is still air in the line that I need to get out? Is getting air out of the lines something that I can do? I tried printing a couple large patches of blue to try and push ink into the head with no sign of improvement. I did several printhead cleanings and that showed no sign of improvement.

jimmmi

Probably you have air in the lines. You should pull it with a syringe. There is a video in youtube i think showing how but i cannot find it, or someone here knows better the procedure.
Usually hp techs doing it

greysquirrel

if its a new printer you have a warranty..if the head failed before 1000ml printed HP will send you a new one out overnite.

call hp or your reseller(if they provide service) they can walk you though any tricks in the service menu to get you running today.

I would try to fill flop the heads if one is working....runn a few cleanings to see if it resolves.

Old Timer

recent experience with our 360, after a few cleanings and switching out couldn't bring it back. luckily heads are fairly inexpensive @$125.00 I now keep a spare set just in case. also didn't get the warning so I go ahead and replace ink cartridge when it gets down to about 3%

AKProbeGT

if its a new printer you have a warranty..if the head failed before 1000ml printed HP will send you a new one out overnite.

call hp or your reseller(if they provide service) they can walk you though any tricks in the service menu to get you running today.

I would try to fill flop the heads if one is working....runn a few cleanings to see if it resolves.
All my heads are under 1000, most in the mid 800s. I can call HP to try and get that replaced. I'll also try swapping the heads.

TheSnowman

I ran one out once on my 310 and had that same result. I just make sure and never run them out now, and I've got ridiculous miles on these print heads since I haven't done that again.

MI Bearcat

I have pretty much always run them out on both my old 260 and 365 and never had a problem with print heads directly afterwards.

bannertime

Probably best to change before it tells you. Somewhere around 3-5%. It can be done mid job. We've only ever done that on banner, and we could not find where it had stopped printing while we changed the ink out. Not sure how it looks on other materials.

Karim khalfa

Hello, i know that's an old post, but i put this videos here, it can be useful

Very important, after purge, you must use a new printhead