• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Latex 560 won't let me search media other that HP

Joshua Barnes

I'm trying to add a 3M profile on my Latex 560. I did the same as always and went to the media library to search for the profile online, but suddenly it is only allowing me to search HP. No other brands come up like they used to. Does anybody know why this might have happened?

Alternately, I tried adding the profile in Onyx, but I can't get it to transfer over to the printer.

MNT_Printhead

Working among the Corporate Lizard People
Set up Tab, very last option is substrates preset management. It gives the option to import and export. It doesn't always work for me some, sometimes it will work on our 360 and not the 365 and vice versa.

Joshua Barnes

Set up Tab, very last option is substrates preset management. It gives the option to import and export. It doesn't always work for me some, sometimes it will work on our 360 and not the 365 and vice versa.
Ah, I see it now. As it turns out, my profile file was corrupt, so it didn't work anyway. Still would like to figure out why I can't search any other brands directly from the printer though.

newparade

Ah, I see it now. As it turns out, my profile file was corrupt, so it didn't work anyway. Still would like to figure out why I can't search any other brands directly from the printer though.
Ok, this happened to me recently on my 365. Even though the printer said my firmware was up to date, it wasn’t actually up to date. I downloaded newest firmware and installed it via direct usb drive (firmware update via the network didn’t work right for me). This was based off a tech support call. So, see what version you actually have, then look at what the latest version on the HP page is and see if they’re different.

Oddly enough, even after that, I’m having some profile issues as well. Noteably Phototex OPA, which fails on install. I’m currently in email support with PrintOS.

MNT_Printhead

Working among the Corporate Lizard People
It is worth mentioning that my 300 and 365 have the capability to create profiles, it tooke me 2.5 years to finally look into it, my Denco Reps explained that is why I am seeing less profiles for the 360 and 365. I dig creating my own profiles without additional printers aside from the material it takes (Under 10ft most of the time with vinyls). I read books as thick as the bible learning how to do and understand this stuff and spent hours working with a team at Miesel in Dallas regularly to tweak their customs and still hand to do color adjustments at the RIP when it came to greys and other colors the prepress/preflight team couldn't hit because they didn't have the ink on paper/vinyl/etc knowledge. Just like anything with HP wide format HP has bastardized the process and dumbed it down, so if you really need to get color correct you should avoid HP latex.

newparade

Which profile is showing as corrupt for you? I'd kind of like to see if it does the same thing for me.

newparade

It is worth mentioning that my 300 and 365 have the capability to create profiles, it tooke me 2.5 years to finally look into it, my Denco Reps explained that is why I am seeing less profiles for the 360 and 365. I dig creating my own profiles without additional printers aside from the material it takes (Under 10ft most of the time with vinyls). I read books as thick as the bible learning how to do and understand this stuff and spent hours working with a team at Miesel in Dallas regularly to tweak their customs and still hand to do color adjustments at the RIP when it came to greys and other colors the prepress/preflight team couldn't hit because they didn't have the ink on paper/vinyl/etc knowledge. Just like anything with HP wide format HP has bastardized the process and dumbed it down, so if you really need to get color correct you should avoid HP latex.
Yes, remaking a corrupt profile on a printer with a built in spectrophotometer isn't bad at all. You can get all the specs for passes, optimizer, etc from the media locator, and then do a color check without wasting much material.

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk