• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Latex on reflective

Marie

I am looking on outsourcing a bus decal project (12" x 30", full color, reflective white, laminated, approx 50). One quote that I received described their decals as follows: printed latex on premium grade reflective psv with luster laminate. I have never had decals printed using a latex printer. They said that I should expect a 3-5 year life. Does this sound accurate? Will I have problems down the road with the latex printed decals?

My quote from Stouse gave me an expected life of 2 years on the ink fading. That option does sounds very good either!

THANKS!

reQ

2 years before ink start fading? yeah, that does not sound to good. All reflective decals i printed for Police & Fire dept over 3 years ago still look like new ( using Orafol 5650RA + cast overlam, printed with Roland inks)

Kreate !nk

I am looking on outsourcing a bus decal project (12" x 30", full color, reflective white, laminated, approx 50). One quote that I received described their decals as follows: printed latex on premium grade reflective psv with luster laminate. I have never had decals printed using a latex printer. They said that I should expect a 3-5 year life. Does this sound accurate? Will I have problems down the road with the latex printed decals?

My quote from Stouse gave me an expected life of 2 years on the ink fading. That option does sounds very good either!

THANKS!
If you need help let me know. We do a ton of reflective on our HP LX610. The lx610 inks are simply unreal. This is an HP Scitex machine not the consumer latex design jets like the 300-570,,different animal. We use both removable and permanent adhesive reflective and can uv clear or laminate, etc. Pm me thx.

letterman7

As reQ mentioned, I also have police units on the street with solvent printed and laminated decals that still look good four or five years later. It sounds like Stouse doesn't laminate their stuff. Go with what you know.. I think the difference between latex and solvent is the shops personal preference.