• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Latex printed on Reflective media

MarioDesign

Hi everyone, I should be getting my new HP L25500 later this week and I was just wondering if anyone has printed on reflective media with it. If so what brand of material did you use and are you using ONYX to RIP? Did it print OK and did the reflective pop nice at night?
I have been printing Reflective signs on our Roland VP-540 printer without any trouble at all, but we are selling it to make way for the HP and I wasnt sure what media would work well with this new latex ink.
Your help is appreciated.
thanks.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Looks amazing on 3M IJ680C! That media reflects well in low light conditions and really make the colors pop.

We use ONYX X10 and started with 3M's base profile for that media and just fine tuned it.

Aklaim

We use Oracal 5600 series and use their profile in Onyx 10, no problems whatsoever, it looks amazing! I just did 4 2'x2' signs yesterday and from start to finish it only took me 40 minutes. I think that's pretty rad.

MarioDesign

Thanks guys. We just did a couple on 3m ij5100r and it looks great. My only dilemma now is does anyone carry a 54" wide reflective? I can only find 48". We are applying to alupanel.