• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Latex Printer

Jboogie214

I had a few questions regarding a latex printer. We have a Scitex xl 1500 that we run. We are thinking of upgrading because we've heard a lot about a latex printer. Can anyone give some insight as to the pros and cons of this machine and whats its capable of doing. I on a personal level would think anything is better then the xl1500. Ive read and researched the latex printer but i rather have insight from those who actually have hands on experience with this machine. We will be using this machine for running out 10ft banners exclusively. Also whats the cost of ink on this machine specifically thats one of my major questions.

Thanks anyone with insight into this machine.

I had a few questions regarding a latex printer. We have a Scitex xl 1500 that we run. We are thinking of upgrading because we've heard a lot about a latex printer. Can anyone give some insight as to the pros and cons of this machine and whats its capable of doing. I on a personal level would think anything is better then the xl1500. Ive read and researched the latex printer but i rather have insight from those who actually have hands on experience with this machine. We will be using this machine for running out 10ft banners exclusively. Also whats the cost of ink on this machine specifically thats one of my major questions.

Thanks anyone with insight into this machine.

HP Latex ink printers range in size from 54 inch wide, up to 126 inches in width.

There are currently two machines in the 120 inch (10 foot) wide HP Latex portfolio, the LX850 and the Latex 3000. For banner applications, the 3000 may be a better fit, as it uses less heat in general, and does not heat the media in the print zone, as the LX machines do. This is particularly important for heat-sensitive medias such as low-cost PVC banner medias. The Latex 3000 is also significantly faster than the LX machines. I am not able to give you a precise number on ink costs on these machines, but I am sure that you can obtain that information from your reseller. I believe that it should be under 10 cents per square foot on the 3000.