• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

LE Vs 2, swapping parts?

ego198

Hi, do you Know if the LE and the 2 share the same parts?
i mean do both model use the same power supply, printhead, motherboard and motors? and is it possible to change one part from one model to the other just straight?

FunkotronXL

Power supply, motherboard, and motors are all likely a no. The printhead should be the same but I have never pulled them from each to compare connectors or housing. Fairly certain the printhead between the Edge 2 and FX is identical but can't say for certain regarding the Edge LE

ego198

Power supply, motherboard, and motors are all likely a no. The printhead should be the same but I have never pulled them from each to compare connectors or housing. Fairly certain the printhead between the Edge 2 and FX is identical but can't say for certain regarding the Edge LE
Are you sure they dont share motors and powersupply? i was understood they did. not the board but yes both motors and power supply..:/ printhead i was understood the same for 3 models, yes.

Last edited:

netsol

Premium Subscriber
i would have guessed the fx is different. (higher resolution?)
the other 3 the same, i thought

Will308decals

i would have guessed the fx is different. (higher resolution?)
the other 3 the same, i thought

The edge FX has the capability to print 1200x300 DPI where as the edge can only go up to 600x300 DPI.

I do however remember seeing an old post the other day in which Fred said there is no difference in the edge 2 and FX printhead. The FX has more bells and whistles, but what comes out of the machine is the same between the two

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FunkotronXL

Are you sure they dont share motors and powersupply? i was understood they did. not the board but yes both motors and power supply..:/ printhead i was understood the same for 3 models, yes.
Power supply I can't confirm, they've changed suppliers over the years with their part number revisions. The last Edge LE I had was several years ago so I could be wrong on this. If believe the Edge 2 foil motor difference was what allowed the step-up to 600x300 dpi, whereas the Edge LE could only do 300x300 dpi.

Gaugeco Inc.

Power supply is the same.
Printheads have the same part numbers and are the same.
Motherboard and motors should all be the same except for the foil motor as stated by FunkotronXL above.

ego198

Power supply I can't confirm, they've changed suppliers over the years with their part number revisions. The last Edge LE I had was several years ago so I could be wrong on this. If believe the Edge 2 foil motor difference was what allowed the step-up to 600x300 dpi, whereas the Edge LE could only do 300x300 dpi.
thank u very much!

Gaugeco Inc.

Not a problem. I have x4 Edge Classics, x2 Edge LE's, x20 Edge 2's. If I get some time in the next couple of days I will compare everything with part numbers and let you know.