• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Leaving a Mutoh Powered up for the cleaning cycle?

John L

I have a Falcon Junior.

I have read on here in various posts about the recommendations to leave large format printers powered on so that it will keep cycling through the cleaning process every so often if you are going to be away for a while.

My question is does this advice apply to a Mutoh Falcon Junior? Will it help to keep things from drying out if I don't use it for a couple weeks or so? What exactly does it do and how often does it cycle?

Thanks

grafixhenk

No, the Mutoh junior and falcon etc do not have a self cleaning cycle when left on. If you not plan on using it for more then a few days, load it with cleaning solution cartridges and run the cycle. reload and fill with ink upon return!

John L

Thanks, I plan to not need it for about 3 weeks in december. Whats the procedure? I remove the 4 color carts and replace with the 4 cleaning carts... then what?

thanks for the help.

Bogie

My photoprint/mutoh has a "hot folder" that I can dump stuff into... If you could set up a "timer" program to copy a file to that folder once a day, that could keep it happy...

grafixhenk

After you insert them the display should read flush I believe. Just click enter and go through the cycle and let it sit till you come back. Than insert the new cartridges and the printer will recognice the cartridges and the display should ask for fill?

Anyway it is pretty simple and just follow the on-screen questions.
Any problems just send me a pm, I went through all the ins and outs on our Mutoh over time!