• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

LED Acrylic Plastic Signs

cnc602

LED Signs I made with by engraving on acrylic and placing on a LED light box.

Attachments

• IMG_3354.jpg
    IMG_3354.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 415
  • IMG_3355.jpg
    IMG_3355.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 350
  • IMG_3357.jpg
    IMG_3357.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 332
  • IMG_3361.jpg
    IMG_3361.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 348
  • IMG_3562.JPG
    IMG_3562.JPG
    358.1 KB · Views: 347
  • IMG_3584.jpg
    IMG_3584.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 349

cnc602

To be honest with you I don't know where we got the LED light box. We had about 2 of them laying around, although I would not mind getting more. It's such a great effect for such a simple application. Oh I also looked online and searched for "acrylic LED light sign" a number of links came up but a lot of them looked like it came as a sign not just the light box.

cnc602

"LED edge lighting".. Is that the proper term for it.. Thanks, got to remember that one. I'm getting a lot of inquires about the robotics sign and I've been referring to it as a LED or Neon sign.. Now I now lol thanks.. :)

weaselboogie

I remember first seeing this application at least 15 years ago, but the led lighting was still pretty rough. Looks good!

Tigertron

Looks cool. I'm sure I saw those stands somewhere. I saved the link I know. I'll look for it. I know led writing boards are easy to find. They are about $100.

Also I think if you backed it with an opaque material it would glow better.

cnc602

Looks cool. I'm sure I saw those stands somewhere. I saved the link I know. I'll look for it. I know led writing boards are easy to find. They are about $100.

Also I think if you backed it with an opaque material it would glow better.

I'll have to try it ...opaque backing

cnc602

I'll have to try it ...opaque backing

Glad to hear it! That's Awesome! There is so much you can do with an engraving machine. Especially when you utilize the Signs101 forum lots of ideas and inspiration, and with the useful feedback one can only get better. If you need any help or assistance with your Vision system please let me know.

cnc602

did you do the engraving on glass or acrylic?
On plain regular Acrylic. Although someone mentioned to me about a type of Acrylic that's made for this application and pulls the light through so it shines better on the edges.

2B

On plain regular Acrylic. Although someone mentioned to me about a type of Acrylic that's made for this application and pulls the light through so it shines better on the edges.

either way props to you!

Aklaim

Has anybody found a source for the LED light boxes yet? I have a customer requesting this exact type of sign and google is not helping me out today.

Aklaim

Yeah I saw that, but I'm looking for the completed product. We don't do any metal manufacturing or electrical work here.