• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Led digital outdoor

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
Our company primarily sells Daktronics units. Our 2nd choice is Watchfire. We'll only sell other brands selling cheaper products (Optec, EBSCO, etc) if the customer insists on that. Our service on those cheaper products is going to be more limited. We have far more experience servicing Dak and Watchfire units. And those systems are generally more reliable and have a longer product life.

We will NOT sell any of that "OEM" crap.

Last edited:

Scotchbrite

No comment
Daktronics are my current favorite. Then Watchfire and Optec. Optec's are cheap, and priced competitively. Watchfire and Dakatron are on the same tier, often within a $100 or so of each other's bids, but Dak sells everything with a cellular modem and they have an app for ios and android. Used to be the program was the biggest pain, and they'd try to call you back to train someone else as soon as the first person realized they have no business managing the messages. Now they can download the app and not feel like they are going to break anything, so I'm done after primary power is connected.
After issues we've had, I've decided we're only offering cellular connection. Seems like getting the communication to the sign is the biggest hurdle. No one in the office ever knows how their internet works. We've also had customers throw away the transmitter not knowing what it's for. Then they called us because they couldn't communicate with the sign anymore.