• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help LED electronic display has no ID or brand name!

Bobas Kalobas

Customer has an existing full color LED message display that has no branding. I cannot repair it without contacting the company to replace parts. The only thing different about this compared to other machines I worked on is that it has a bunch of KEY LOCKS across the bottom that lock in the panels. Can anyone ID this machine? You can see the bottom where the locks are. Thanks

Attachments

• disp.jpg
    disp.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 406
If you don’t recognize this
sign and/or the sign controller, don’t mess with it. This a typical Chinese set up, most are very difficult to set up unless you have extensive knowledge of these types of signs.
The “tech support” for these types of leds are nonexistent, in other words, you are the tech support. You can be a grand into this type of set up and still not get anywhere.
Good luck!

brentjosker

what software is it
there are only really a handful and im fluent in all of them, The picture looks like it is a programming issue. Chinese software is super simple, There a few basic things you look for and the rest is a breeze after these variables are verified. I actually look all my LED signs online and cloud based so i can control them no matter where i sell them around the country. I talk a ton of customers into changing their control systems.
2 things an LED needs to operate, power and signal.
All the big guys out there manufacturing LED displays usually have them prominently marked, so yeah chances are its a chinese special, it doesnt mean its garbage just not understood and operated properly. You gotta sell " dumbed down software " to the client.

brentjosker

i wanted to add, i recognize the ubiquiti AP under the sign, The locks across the bottom are pretty standard coming out of China, It looks like a P10, DIP, 1R1G1B, get the name off the receiving card from inside the sign, That will tell you exactly what software to use to control it. Each and every controller manufacturer has their own software.
To list some of the majors
linsn
Dbstar
Xixun
Lytec
Huidu
Lumen
There are alot more but these are most of the major players when it comes to controllers. Oh i forgot to mention, it will have either a asyn card or an on board computer making this sign sync.

The wireless comes in 2G or 5G, most of us switch to the 5G due to the fact the airways are jammed with 2G.

I was using on board computers for a spell, i liked that i could use a remote software to back door the sign and run any type of diagnostics i wanted. You can buy panel now that self diagnose. But i recently switched to Novastar, the TB3 and TB6 controllers are super easy to run and you get FREE cloud control, and it is 5G capable, so it is constantly transmitting a signal from the sign and you can login to the signal from your phone and run it from a PDA or whatever with the proper credentials.
And either unit is enough to run the types of sign we sell ( you and I). probably not billboards!
Anyways good luck and let me know if you have any other questions

PS. if you want to switch controllers, you need the numbers off the hub card and the numbers off the IC chips on the back of your tiles, or people call them LED panels. okay bye!