• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

LED Message Board Issue

gobrien

Trying to repair a sign I installed a few years ago. The company that produced the sign (Action Media Technologies) has gone out of business. I know that the receiver card is the issue, but I don't know what to do next. Usually I would just send the part back to the manufacturer, but they're out of business or impossible to get a hold of. Any ideas on how I can repair this part? Or where could I get a new one that's compatible? Any input would be helpful. Thanks

gobrien

Thanks for your reply, but yes, They never answer the phone or answer my e-mails. I have also contacted other customers of AMT's who's pictures I saw on their website. It was a school and they are having problems with their boards and can't reach anyone either. The guy I talked to said he had been trying for over a year. I'm at a loss.

cgsigns_jamie

We had a company around us that bought an LED Board at some trade show from some Chinese company.... Long story short: The sign need constant service but no one could contact the manufacturer because they had gone out of business. We ended up removing the boards and throwing them away.

I know this is ZERO help for you, but you may want to look at replacing the existing boards with some from a reputable manufacturer like Daktronics or Time-O-Matic (WatchFire)

gobrien

I'm hoping that will be my last resort. I do use Daktronics now but I'm just hoping to find someone that can either replace or repair the damaged receiver card.
Thanks for your reply.

UFB Fabrication

You may try some tech electric repair shop and ask the guy with the pocket protector if he can trace down and fix the problem. It may be something like a resistor or something easy to fix. Other than that its likely scrap.

there is a guy who was contacting sign shops about 6 months ago who was an employee/engineer of one of these message board companies that has gone out of business that is repairing individual components.

a few months ago someone else on this forum asked a similar question for another brand that had gone out of business and i was able to locate the man and his company through a google search. you may want to search old posts or do a google search but i will try to locate his contact info when i have a little extra time...but there is an engineer out there that has formed his own company troubleshooting and repairing components for you to install on these systems...finding him is now the challenge.