• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Led sign box, some questions

Boyanski

Hi,
a client of mine wants illuminated from within 900x60cm sign box. After this and that we went to the conclusion to make sign like this:

Now the not so standard thing is the design printed on transparent acrylic from within, where letters are to be - no print. On top of letters go opal white acrylic letters/ 5 or 10mm /say 5mm wider to cover correctly the shape. That 3d letters are to be stuck using 2 sides film used normally for same purpose fabricating acrylic photos/photo paper sandwiched between acrylic sheets.

Basically the idea is during day sign to look shiny as photo is behind 4mm acrylic/ UV printed and when illuminated at night the letters to shine and also the colors imitating neon, see picture.
And at the same time to be a little 3d , not ugly plain sign, hence the 3d letters

What i am thinking if UV print is too much transparent to cut to shape black vinyl and stick at the back on top of UV print, so only colors and letters transmit light

Here is the design

rS0oFRQNwCrFKPBwhhECx7l5sPnvxszWYIzCOdVy0itxmtDq4Hxfp8rmsKDmtbs2pX3l1wW-nMZN3sNE5utjR-W8HEvNARlq02nDGm33dsbjp3kNwiSfJni34ojmuN61hz9SBcyI-O0Ez18YPEirCnpPem70xKUSly78eFYIZYzWFxgx-wDoNSoGzj81G4qP3eu6BrAfBDc-tDjO2EqzhrmxSoHDVQlYxMMg3WMLLtDs6ENVTs139IV62SrQVAy_v9jx7OKXjUsPD7ee4VGGYoSQ9dy7EhXvzukWzGOa-mjryWt0WUYng6WCV4wnRPVKuTmBdwesrZBVJXynx6x2MV554hNUktUv9BumBrbzc67ajUK4DQyVeMZOIc-7zq0MB5EwUF9LZDxLArCDW7g8tzubqczZ8JiJ8PozAVn5F4TlCZIkvgk9Sq26o3OrFwirIVJP4TktfvA_qaQSDDJew71iQlbq7CjRqAxGhgmXtiGokzGdRLKRmFlehIaC9AtE1sdXTlmoGGnX04DX1TvtPdmGzH3fhBU8tyUYB_uR_iPfQLWPdd7cSizsR8uVlTVkb1xjRSTAsp_S8DNOyUaAoNxKZBgwpF0RyLHhzu70MrDNcKXlnOCjyzGeZfMPoSefjGg9ih_HfQuNLjRRfRWciFuHanlEPcOq4Eqg9Hftb1FmRrdYKw221muxVWHNlg=w1346-h294-no

As i normally don't do myself that type of signs, so 0 experience, will that work ok?

Problem is i dont have the capacity to do it and people i am explaining to do not understand what i am saying. Apart from that not sure about how that picture will illuminate from behind, but as i said i can cover it with black vinyl if too much light passes

Any advice welcome, especially UV print and led sign combination, etc.

I wonder also if it could be better al same but letters in sign white and 3d letters Transparent?

Thanks

Boyanski

So like a print with void cut lettering on clear, with white acrylic letters glued on top? Sounds like it'll work fine. Ink choice shouldn't have much impact unless you are putting down white ink as a base. I'd reverse print on clear, plot letters out, apply to a piece of clear lexan, then another piece of translucent white with the letters plotted out again to cover the clear print so that the print looks good when it's illuminated, and yet gives extra pop to the letters. Then just double stick the letters in place.
i was thinking of printing them with white base on top of the photo, so it's not super transparent and avoid the translucent piece. As the cut out letters that go on top will be translucent