• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

LED Strip Problem

cybernalin

I used 5050SMD Cool White water proof led strip to lighten up 6' x 2' white plastic sign board with cladding sheet back of the board
I used 15M (3Rolls) to do this because these cheap led strip not bright enough. i fit this led strip every 2 inch space horizontaly
Every thing worked fine for about 2 weeks
Now some of led strip getting yellowish and it's noticeable from the plastic sign
i used white background with some black letters for the board
001.jpg

Can you guys suggest me a Bright led strip for sign usage with reasonable price?
this problem starting from the end of the led strip
this is what i have used this is cost me about 8 Dollars per strip

BAG-LED-STRIP-500x500.png

kgirl

I've never yet to see a LED strip roll I would ever use.

It's just cheap stuff and their not most of the time ever regulated and they need to have be mounted to metal to stay cool.

Very few manufacturers use quality high tier chips / components on reel products. Reel stuff is more for personal projects than it is for commercial projects.

Color shifting is because it's inferior grade and a poor bin.

Couple of questions. how deep is your project, LED to face?

I can only suggest our High Powered light output "White Horse LED" line because it sounds like a shallow project.

Unlike most LED products these are Constant Current NOT Constant Voltage (Eco, value Line), which means each module has a current driver to individually regulate each module so you're not over driving the first few LEDs on a string and the last is dimmer in light than the first few. Also with any constant voltage LED, the slightest fraction of a volt over 12 volts i.e. 12.25v can make a LED system catastrophically fail

With Constant Current LED's, the first module is just as bright as the module on the end of the string. They run cooler!

Our White Horse LED line by NC LED are composed of a high tier Samsung chip so it's a very true 65K white and ours are NOT made in China!!!

attachment.php

For inquiries, or to place orders you can contact us at 858-880-1400 or orders@thesignsyndicate.com

Attachments

• NC WA HLC-12k.jpg
    NC WA HLC-12k.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 307