• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ledco Econocraft 30" Laminator

rcook99

I am looking at one of the Ledco Econocraft 30" Laminator and would like to know if they are any good. Keep in mind I am looking at this because I currently own an FC7000-75 and don't plan on upgrading for a while. I am in the process of looking for a Mutoh VJ 1204 and would like to be able to laminate my own vinyl. If I run into a problem and need a larger laminator I have access to a 54". Any feedback on the Ledco would be appreciated.

Thanks,
RC

Malkin

We have run a 60" Econocraft for about 10 years. No major issues, though it did have a bit of a learning curve and we had to fiddle with a few bits initially.

rcook99

He one I found appears to be in good condition and they are asking $1,500 for it. Are they that good? I mean new they are price quite a bit higher that say a GBC. Just trying to find out what I can about them.

Malkin

I actually have no experience with any other laminator, so I don't really have any other point of reference for comparison.

Drip Dry

We use it and it's been a great machine. Like Malkin, it's the only one I've ever used.
We use it for applying transfer tape, as well as laminating. Never had any problems with laminating, but sometimes we can ruin a job when applying transfer tape. I think it has something to do with the thin paper tape.
We also have had issues with the safety interlocks, but can always make an adjustment and get started again.

If your buying used, you need to check to see the rollers are not cut up (a common problem from exacto blades and careless operators) Is the infeed table level and not beat up because it got caught on the laminate, again due to someone being careless.
What I'm saying, is to see the machine run and not buy it blind

For 1500. It's a great deal... if it works

rcook99

JTRUBE, thanks for your thoughts. I never buy a mechanical item without first making sure it works. I will definitely make sure it works. The pictures I received of the one roller appears to be in nice shape. Not being familiar with them which one would be more apt to have slices in it?

SignProPlus-Chip

We have a 50 inch we acquired used. Ledcos are built very robust, they will keep running and running. Ledco also supports any machine it has ever made indefinitely and will MAKE parts for you if need be.

The one we have is about 20 years old and still runs great...I'd recommend them for sure.