• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

LEF-12i Glossy Air Bubbles/Dust

Matt MacMillan

Hi!

I was wondering if anyone has a solution to my painfully frustrating issue. I recently purchased a LEF-12i for my phone case business. I found the best looking print setup was white > cmyk > glossy. Although it takes the longest, it's really beautiful once done correctly. Unfortunately more times than not, after it prints the gloss layer, it leaves random "Air bubbles". I typically print 6 cases at once and sometimes all 6 has them, other times all of them are perfect. I clean the heads and inside of the unit but it still happens.

Any insight or past experiences would be great.

Joseph44708

I Drink And I Know Things
Im no expert on this, I have seem them in opperation printing on key fobs and it was amazing. But it sounds like an expired product or a UV drying problem with the gloss overprint.
Personally I would reach out to the company you bought the LEF-12i and your inks from.
Please keep us posted on this.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
What kind of facility you have for it? Is it dust free? Do you have doors open, windows open?

If you do think it's dust, consider adding a fan with fine filter to the machine or even better, move it to a dust free room...

dreko

I'm getting the same issue with the 'clear' inks.. Roland has told me it's the dust in the environment. Wipe down the entire insides of the printer, run the BOFA air filtration unit (on high), keep room clean
Hope this helps!!

Matt MacMillan

I'm getting the same issue with the 'clear' inks.. Roland has told me it's the dust in the environment. Wipe down the entire insides of the printer, run the BOFA air filtration unit (on high), keep room clean
Hope this helps!!
I haven't had much luck. I'm having to resort back to the matte varnish finish which isn't nearly as nice. I bought two air purifiers and plastic sheets to essential put the printer in a dust free room. I also ran the BOFA unit on high and slid the slider to +5 for gloss.

Have you had any luck?

dreko

Well these days, I'm beginning to think there might be a manufacturing issue with the Eco UV 4 gloss inks... Roland quickly moved to the Eco UV 5 gloss.
I was told it's dust, I'm starting to think that's not entirely true... but I could be wrong... I try to keep the surface dust free, but I always get small impurities in the gloss...