• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Lef-20 service mode protected. Please help

fatcobra

I have a Roland lef-20 that suffered a head strike during a print a few days ago. The print test shows the nozzles printing on all heads so hopefully no head damage. The issue is that one or more heads have been knocked out of alignment thus creating shadows.

The unit is out of warranty and we're far away from the nearest authorized Roland service rep. The trip charge alone is over $2,400 bucks. While I don't pretend to be an expert on these printers, his is my 3rd Roland printer and have installed new heads on my XC540 in the past. Part of that process obviously includes the alignment procedure. The difference was I have the "service notes" on the xc540 and the arrow code to access the service mode of the xc540. However I cannot locate the service notes nor the right code to work on the lef-20.

I called my tech and Roland corp and both nicely told me to buzz off. Warning me of the cataclysmic repercussions of an machine owner ever accessing the service mode. The reason I want to get into the service mode is so I can print the head alignment test and see what heads are off and attempt the adjustment. In the past (when the unit was under warranty) these same techs would have me go into service mode to print test and send them pics as well has have us make other mods for this very lef-20. But now that the unit is out of warranty you would think I'm asking for nuclear launch codes

If anyone can assist by telling me the service mode pattern/code and any tips to do the head alignment or where to find the service notes I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

pete2803

Hi did you sort this problem out did you get access to the service mode? i'd like to know how?
Thanks
Regards

GTSTech_1

Same access code is used for the XC and LEF. If your getting service mode protected message, that means either you didn't input the right sequence, or the timing was off when pushing the arrows.

Just my .02