• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Left magenta missing, please help

Kilmore

Hi, first time posting.
I’m swedish so please have patience with my english..

Im looking for some help in troubleshooting my Mimaki cjv150-160 that I just bought.

It worked fine at the sellers place.
Back at my place. I immediatly connected it to power, and after a few hours I did a testprint, all channels was fine except the left magenta.
That first magenta channel didn’t print a single nozzle.

I’ve done some troubleshooting myself but now im stuck. Here is what I tried.
  1. Swopped 1st-2nd dampers places. Colors changed after a few test prints, and the magenta were now just fine , but via another channel, this tells me the problem is not in the ink lines, but in the print head or in the signal to the printhead. Right?
  2. I took out the dampers again, and very carefully flushed the magenta channel with mimaki cleaning solution, no problem at all with that. Put the damper back, did a fill/clean,
  3. Moved the printhead over to the left and looked underneeth, when i gently pressed the damper primer, there was a nice thin line of magenta coming out of the printheads first channel. This tells me the head is not clogged, right?
  4. According to the service manual I checked I/O board and head unit via the test points. All good
  5. I tested to unplug and reconnect the ffc cables in the I/O board and the slider board. No change
I read in another thread, that it is unusual that a single channel/line goes out in a printhead due to internal printhead error.

Any ideas, anything else I can try or test?
I really cant afford a new printhead..

And if not, is there a rip software from wich I can select 4 of the 8 channels to get a slower but working printer?

All help, tips and trix is very appriciated

/Kilmore

Attachments

• IMG_1183.jpeg
    IMG_1183.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 100
Last edited:

Ogre

I have a similar problem with the same printer model, just in my case the right magenta disappeared overnight.
I have changed the dampers, the capping, redo the adjustments, vacuum pump, but nothing worked.
Kilmore If you resolve this problem, can you please post here what you did?

Kilmore

Check your capping station gap, moving a printer can cause all sorts of weirdness and it isn't at all uncommon to have to redo adjustments afterwards.
Thank you Smoke_Jaguar
I think I’ve read like hundreds av threads trying to figure things out.
I’ll try to adjust the cap height if I can figure out the weird instruction in the service manual

Kilmore

I took a photo of the printhead, it looks a bit of to one side left-right. But i have one of those older non adjustable stopping block on my cap assembly. Is there another way to adjust the capping position left-right?