• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Software Help Legacy versions of Onyx Production House - link here

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
I'd be a bit worried about people running such old software though. if you're running Under x18. like x12 etc. it's time to upgrade.

Forty One

We've had no issues in the past running a legacy product until I purchased an additional printer.
Finding an update for the RIP I had sorted it out easily.

That saved me about $2K.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
I’ve always found that all the softwares etc are exactly the same as the printers. They will need updated every few years.

Even as far as the Adobe cc package, a few of the newer bits they’ve added have saved me LOADS of time.

Just like in the printers, the rips are constantly trying to make your life easier so even if you don’t wanna go the subscription route, an update every few years should definitely make your life easier.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
I’ve always found that all the softwares etc are exactly the same as the printers. They will need updated every few years.

Even as far as the Adobe cc package, a few of the newer bits they’ve added have saved me LOADS of time.

Just like in the printers, the rips are constantly trying to make your life easier so even if you don’t wanna go the subscription route, an update every few years should definitely make your life easier.

100% agree.
Onyx went a lot faster from 12 to 18. and even faster from 18 to 21.
added features here and there.
For example, X21 finally has Barbieri devices listed in their swatchbooks module. That's huge for us as you could only scan with Xrite devices.. we only have Barbieri devices
But the RIPing speed is the biggest thing for us. We have gigabyte size files daily. our biggest bottleneck is our dated PC spec. I just need to put the new one together.

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
RIP speeds on x21 versus x12.2 are ridiculous. Multi label jobs that were previously 6 minute RIPs are now done in 20 seconds. Saves us a tonne of time when we need to tweak a setting and re-RIP.