• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

LEJ640 Keeps disconnecting

We have a Roland LEJ640 hybrid that is randomly disconnecting mid print. When it first happened we would shut down the printer and computer and restart everything and hope it would come back online. Eventually we replaced the network cable with a higher quality one. This seemed to fix the problem but it has come back, but now all we need to do to get it back on line is reset the router. Any suggestions, my inclination is to get a newer router or plug the network cable directly into the computer. The problem with plugging directly to the computer is we often run two printers at once and would not be able to do that anymore. Any suggestions?
We are using Versa Works 5.5.1 and can't upgrade because the new version doesn't support our other printer.

Joe House

Sign Equipment Technician
You could get a USB to Ethernet adapter and connect that way - and run both printers. You could get another computer and run them separately. Depending on your network, it could be other traffic on the network causing the problem, or the computer, or the ethernet card on the printer. Also, check your power settings to make sure that the computer or portions of it are not going to sleep after a period of inactivity.
Connecting directly with a new USB/Ethernet adapter will eliminate most variables. If you still have problems, then it's likely the NIC on the printer.

Good Luck.

Alpha Star

Check your router settings for number if connections, time limits, etc... If you don't see something obvious, a new router is likely going to solve it.

Yeah, the boss is not wanting to buy a new router. Some things he will spend a lot of money on and some things he won't . For some reason this is one of them. So, we are trying to run the printer on another computer we have by directly connecting the Ethernet cord to the LAN port. VersaWorks doesn't seem to want to recognize it. What is the solution to this problem?

Update... We ended up putting the printer on its own computer and things have never been better. No more stopping mid print and it seems to be running better in general.