• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Letter Installation on Uneven Block

bobbiffxx

Does anyone know how I can mount foam(24") letters to a very uneven block building using VHB & silicone? The block is not uniform & some blocks stick out by almost 1".
Any info would be much appreciated!
Bobbi:beer

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
I read this on Signweb... is this split face block?

I know you don't want to drill into it, mounting pads like what Gemini sells might be the way to go.

round man

I would stretch a string line that's spaced away from the wall evenly the length of the line of copy off of two nails,....I then would adjust the pads by cutting the studs so that the letters match up to the string before putting any adhesive on the pads,..there shouldn't be that many variables with split block so you can precut two or three different length studs to do this beforehand,..the pads are mounted to studs which are threaded into the back of each letter,..once the letters line up with the string line add adhesive and stickem to he wall,...its a royal pita so charge the customer accordingly as its going to some extra time to do it right

Keith Rae

Will the foam letters have enough strength to only be spot fastened and can you get them all at the same distance from the wall and same plain \ tilt? mount them on a flat substrate like plywood and mount the plywood to the wall.