• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Letter size paper for SC80600?

craigwojo

I own an Epson SC80600 printer and was wondering how to print to a letter-size (or small) size media?

Looked in the guide but couldn't find anything. I received some sample packets of media and they sent me letter-size sheets.

Thak you and God bless,
Craig

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Officially you can't do it. MInimum spec is 300mm wide and 500mm long.

upload_2020-12-11_8-58-13.png

You might need to tape it to some other media and adjust head height to compensate.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
I'm not sure those samples are meant to print on. On our XR, we can cheat and block the sensor in back so the printer thinks there is more media, but I haven't found a way to do that with our Epson. You can try turning the media thing off - sorry, I'll figure out what it's called...

Edit: the "media thing" I'm referring to is... click on the little roll icon under the power button, then go down to "Media Remaining", click into there, click on "Length" and turn it "off". That might work

unclebun

If the 80600 is like the 70670, you can't run sheet media. If it cannot sense back pressure on a supply roll, an alarm goes off that it's out of media.