• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Letters coming up on my cuts..... first time in years.

depps74

I been cutting vinyl for at least 15 years. About 10 of those on Graphtec's I love them. I currently have an 8600 30 inch that I love to pieces. However recently I have been losing a lot of letters. I have done all the diagnostics that usually fix this common problem. Knife depth, force, changed the cut strip, changed the blade holder, changed the blade 2x. Slowed the speed increased the speed. Changed materials but I am still losing lots of letters on my pulls. I even tightened all the screws on my stand. Anything I am missing here? Also to note there isn't any wonky letters or cuts that look off, its cutting the letters fine, I just loose too many when I weed it.

dave

unclebun

Are you using genuine Graphtec blades? We ran into the same thing on ours and it turned out we were getting knockoff blades when we thought we were buying real ones. Switched vendors and all the problems went away.

depps74

Are you using genuine Graphtec blades? We ran into the same thing on ours and it turned out we were getting knockoff blades when we thought we were buying real ones. Switched vendors and all the problems went away.
I get them from signwarehouse.com 45 degree ones I don't think they are graphtecs though, but same I always been getting

unclebun

I get them from signwarehouse.com 45 degree ones I don't think they are graphtecs though, but same I always been getting
They may have switched vendors. Find someone selling genuine Graphtec CB09U blades and see if your problems aren't solved.