• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

License to make and sell vehicle manufacturer's decals

gbarker

Interstate - you need to contact each manufacturer's licensing division. They all have one... but the odds of actually acquiring that license at a price that will make it cost effective are very small.

8 years ago the price to license the Nascar logo for a product started at $150,000 upfront plus a percentage of the sales. I would imagine the car manufacturer's would be even more.

This is the only bit of good information concerning the OP's question. How do any of you know what the OP's financial situation is to assume he/she can't afford it and/or how much time they may or may not want to waste tracking it down. Almost all of the responses were naysayers. Is this the direction the forum wants to take? I'm seeing this more often lately. I thought this forum was about helping those in the sign industry not squash their ideas/dreams.

CheapVehicleWrap

This is the only bit of good information concerning the OP's question. How do any of you know what the OP's financial situation is to assume he/she can't afford it and/or how much time they may or may not want to waste tracking it down. Almost all of the responses were naysayers. Is this the direction the forum wants to take? I'm seeing this more often lately. I thought this forum was about helping those in the sign industry not squash their ideas/dreams.

Can you not see help when it is offered? You're right, to an extent.. but I'd bet good money there's not practically anyone one here (or farther) that could afford and would risk a venture as described. Possibly you're thinking outside the post as you suggest?

sjm

Again, I'll reiterate. This is the OP first post; Gino was welcoming him (which is fairly common to do on this board) and pointing out a geographical similarity. They're called manners. Let me introduce you to them.

So being a merchant member excludes you from offering positive advice? Hey my name is blowhard, welcome on board.

Give me a break. The boy you defend doesn't know coroplast comes in a variety of colours.

Sticker Dude

Is this the direction the forum wants to take? I'm seeing this more often lately. I thought this forum was about helping those in the sign industry not squash their ideas/dreams.

this is what I have been saying about this fourm for years all the OLD sign makers are angry for some reason maybe because they are losing money because they are scared to take the adventuretheat the new folks are doing But YES you are right this WAS a very helpful forum I talk to alot of members on here and they all say the same thing Some people on here are rude and think they are all that and a bag of chips Your Not! so if you are on here to "Help" then do so if you are here to make fun of or put people down in ways they want to leave You Leave!
It suck that begineers ask for help and they get bashed You guys suck and you know who you are! :noway:

andy

Sometimes the answers you get aren't the ones you want to hear... either you accept the bitter taste of truth or you start crying about being bullied and having your ideas crushed.

Help comes in many forms... giving advice which will prevent you from making a fool of yourself is unpleasant but perfectly valid comment.

sjm

this is what I have been saying about this fourm for years all the OLD sign makers are angry for some reason maybe because they are losing money because they are scared to take the adventuretheat the new folks are doing But YES you are right this WAS a very helpful forum I talk to alot of members on here and they all say the same thing Some people on here are rude and think they are all that and a bag of chips Your Not! so if you are on here to "Help" then do so if you are here to make fun of or put people down in ways they want to leave You Leave!
It suck that begineers ask for help and they get bashed You guys suck and you know who you are! :noway:

Think you mistake troops fighting for you as an aggression against speaking freely.

I think there is nothing rude about free speech, dem boys have nothing better to do but to allow you to express your point of view.

Must admit I always admired Rocky Balboa.

gbarker

Can you not see help when it is offered? You're right, to an extent.. but I'd bet good money there's not practically anyone one here (or farther) that could afford and would risk a venture as described. Possibly you're thinking outside the post as you suggest?

Yes I can see when help is offered. I see it in two places on the post. The rest is 'you can't afford it' or 'don't wast your time' all assumptions that without knowing the OP's background you can't answer. Though I agree most people in the sign industry wouldn't be able to afford what he/she is asking for However, if a person could buy a $200,000 printer one might be able to afford a license...

Obviously his local competitor was able to do it...

You don't have to leave. But if that's the way you feel, Bye. I certainly didn't say I was leaving.

There is good advice to be had on here.

If anyone had experience in what the OP was, all they had to say was "Yes, it's expensive but you should contact..." answers the original question. It's simple, if your comments aren't going to help don't list them.

Sometimes the answers you get aren't the ones you want to hear... either you accept the bitter taste of truth or you start crying about being bullied and having your ideas crushed.

Help comes in many forms... giving advice which will prevent you from making a fool of yourself is unpleasant but perfectly valid comment.

You are right, help does come in many forms. How does one make a fool of oneself if all they do is call Ford and ask "How do I get permission to copy your logo?" The worst that can happen is they get an answer they don't like. Oh well, I don't see that as "making a fool of yourself".

Back to the simple question. Does anyone have experience or know who to contact to get right to company logo's. There are only two help full responses.

I didn't intend on stirring up a hornets nest on this or hurt anyone's feelings but some people certainly took offense to my comment. Maybe those are the folks that should consider the benefit of their comment.

axsepul

hi. i'm new to this page but i would suggest using important info from the past. for example i want recreate the yenko stinger stripes on a vega but like you said Phoenixgraphix.com are the only ones that have them and ebay, but check this info about the yenko

"Yenko Facts
1. The stripes on the COPO cars were not put on by outside detail shops, but put on at one of Yenko Chevrolet's buildings near the main Canonsburg dealership. The cars would be taken from the storage lot and taken directly to this building to have the stripes applied. Unless the car was to receive add-ons, such as gauges, headers, etc., the cars never were in the main Canonsburg shop. The reason the stripe location varies from car to car is that many of the stripes were applied by teenagers working at the shop, including Don's daughter, who received $5 to wet the car down, apply the stripes, and smooth out the air bubbles with a squeegee. Recently I spoke with a Yenko collector who had an original stripe car that had a one piece stripe on one of the rear fenders. So the next time some one tells you that your stripes are wrong, tell them that there is no one, right way. Each car would have been unique.
2. When a customer bought one of the supercars from Yenko, the customer had the option of accepting the car as it was, or could have the items added to the car, such as gauges, headers, scattershield, mag wheels, etc. If items were to be added, then the car was taken to the main Canonsburg shop to have these items added. These items would be added by Yenko's race mechanics, who worked on Don's race cars. If the customer had the desire and money, the car could be built to meet their wants. This is why, even though all of the cars started with the same standard equipment, several of the cars were bought new with the other equipment. Yenko usually had a demo car or two that might have a couple of these non-standard items."
i got this info from

http://www.yenko.net/facts.htm

here is another idea. contact Phoenixgraphix.com and try to become a registered reseller with them since you have a registered business there sales will increase and so will yours and maybe they will give you a better price and you can sell all that they sale plus charge to have them install.

Last edited: