• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Light cyan banding issue - Oce Arizona 460GT

chinaski

As far as the meniscus vacuum, it always seems to be around 18.8-19 units so there must be some sort of leak.
No, this is normal that it drops a little (maybe 0.2-0.4 over a couple minutes). The pumps automatically turn on every 2 minutes from what I've counted. I've had the problem in the past where it was running for what seemed like every 30 seconds. If it's going under 18.5 it would run prematurely and that would indicate a problem with the pressure, but this doesn't seem to be your case.

One time my purge pressure was 4,7 and printer was beeping —problem was caused by slightly lose connection between air pressure tubing and circuit board sensor that measures air pressure.

Not sure what other advice I can giving other than going through entire line and checking for any lose connections.

Derik

No, this is normal that it drops a little (maybe 0.2-0.4 over a couple minutes). The pumps automatically turn on every 2 minutes from what I've counted. I've had the problem in the past where it was running for what seemed like every 30 seconds. If it's going under 18.5 it would run prematurely and that would indicate a problem with the pressure, but this doesn't seem to be your case.

One time my purge pressure was 4,7 and printer was beeping —problem was caused by slightly lose connection between air pressure tubing and circuit board sensor that measures air pressure.

Not sure what other advice I can giving other than going through entire line and checking for any lose connections.
Thanks for all of the responses and help. At this point I am hoping that changing the res tanks make the problem goes away.

Update: The nozzle check on cyan has gone from one misfiring nozzle when this issue began last week to so many that I cannot count. Performed Purge-Flush with Swab-Purge only to recover a couple nozzles. Any ideas?

Last edited:

louie

Would you mind me asking how I could do this? Would it allow the supply to replenish before jetting or is it something that will help me to visually indicate a problem?
From the printer monitor, Go to Settings then Select Printer and look for "end of swath delay", default value is "0", make it 2 seconds. What it does is it will stop for 2 seconds every swath of the carriage. By this you will find out if it is an ink starvation issue due to delay in ink supply to the head. So it could be an ink pump, ink filter or some kink/clogged ink tubes of Cyan channel.

Derik

From the printer monitor, Go to Settings then Select Printer and look for "end of swath delay", default value is "0", make it 2 seconds. What it does is it will stop for 2 seconds every swath of the carriage. By this you will find out if it is an ink starvation issue due to delay in ink supply to the head. So it could be an ink pump, ink filter or some kink/clogged ink tubes of Cyan channel.
This gave us a small increase in quality, thank you for the heads up on that. Currently, the heads are holding ink much better now that the res tanks are all new. The new issue is that the black channel is flowing into the little printhead filters. Going to take it apart then reinstall it hoping that the vacuum holds.