• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Lightroom on sale at Amazon $89.99

signswi

Great deal for a great product. Get it now to upgrade cheaply to Lightroom 4 later this year/early next year.

signswi

Basically if you're someone who takes photography as a serious hobby, you're an image geek, etc. you'll want to use Lightroom for "developing" your photos not Photoshop due to tool and workflow advantages. Walk into a photographer's studio or an agency and they'll be working in Lightroom. You should have heard my staff photographer at my last job raving when LR1 came out and each version has been a major improvement over the last. I personally use it to manage and develop six figures worth of images.

Lightroom is for developing digital photography in a completely non-destructive highly efficient workflow, Photoshop is for manipulating developed images.

CES020

I have LR and I have used it for years and I just switched over to Aperture for the Mac. I was really fighting PS because I use it so little when I finally realized that most of what I wanted to do or needed to do, could easily be done in LR or Aperture. Both are excellent programs for making adjustments to colors and cleaning up minor things.

I'm not sure why it took me so long to think about it, but I know it's made my work life a lot easier.

Love, love, love the non-destructive editing features of both programs.