• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Line added in CorelDraw when Exporting Cutline PDF for Roland VersaWorks

NickNorthern

Hello, super new here and pretty new to printing.
I'm figuring out how to do an offset and contoured cutline in Corel for my Roland LEC2-330. I have kind of got it sorted (it seems like a really long work around) but... when I have the contoured cutline in CorelDraw and export it to .pdf to run in the printer a line gets added in the image and I cannot for the life of me figure out why. I've attached an image, on the left is the Corel copy and the right and circled in blue is the PDF export. I have tested and it does print.

Also if there's anyways to bulk edit a couple thousand images to have an offset cutline, I'd be interested in knowing how.

Thank you for your help.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    115 KB · Views: 208

NickNorthern

Thank you for quick response. Yes, attached is a crop PDF export from CorelDraw of the lower left area that the undesired line occurs in. Hopefully something simple I'm missing in the export process. On prior PDF and prints without the Roland cutline this "extra" hairline was not present or printed, so thinking it may be related to adding the cutline for Versaworks. Can't see the line in Corel, only after export.

Attachments

• DEC-1670 Crop.pdf
    442.6 KB · Views: 98

ikarasu

Goto what Coreldraw calls wire frame mode (?) And see if theres a hidden line there you cant see under the color in the original file. The PDF looks like a mess - My guess is its from some POD pack that someone auto traced a ton of stuff in bulk.... So it has a ton of stray lines / points and thats causing issues when you export. You can see it in your "A" as well - In your photo you can see 4 squiggly lines - Each one of those sections has a slightly different CMYK value.... So when you go to print that file, it's probably not going to look right. I attached a "Fixed" PDF that removes the line... but I think thats the least of your problems.

14/53/0/0, 15/51/0/0, 17/49/2/0/, 19/46/4/0 - All slightly different... It all depends on how your rip will read it and output the results... but I have a feeling you wont like the print results when you do print it, so theres a lot going on with the file that should be fixed before print!

1667804995826.png

1667804707512.png

And then you have areas like this, where the auto tracing failed / sucked and the black isnt really black - So 90% of your outline will be black, then you're going to have some offblack/greyish/pink tone to it. I wouldn't try to bulk prep thousands of files if theyre all like this

1667805293579.png

Attachments

• DEC-1670 Crop.pdf
    190.8 KB · Views: 106

NickNorthern

Thank you very much!

You pointed me to my issue being generated in using the Outline Trace feature in CorelDraw when making the CutContour. I was missing the last steps of removing the traced image and applying the original over the cutline, and your notes made that clear pointing out the craziness going on in the wireframe after the outline trace was finished.

I appreciate you taking time to review and comment. Solved the issue I asked about and, more importantly, the ones I didn't!

Sky Bryan

I like LED's and wraps.
When a contour is created an outline is added on top of the original line. I always break apart or separate and delete that line. Also change the default colour of the contour so it's not black on black.

*I use CorelDRAW almost daily and have since 1994.

NickNorthern

Thank you for the tips. I jumped to my immediate need too quickly before getting more familiar with the fundamentals. Played a little more in CorelDraw last night and it's getting a bit more intuitive as I go.

I've been occasionally lurking around here for the last year since getting a wide format printer and this is great forum for picking up an incredibly diverse range of information. Thanks again for the quick responses on my first post!