• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question liquid adhesive

signgirl71

Have a job that the customer would like to use a little more adhesive in a groove then pay for the correct vinyl. I'm fine with it since it is just going to be a one day partial wrap. We have been using 3551ra with matching lam on all of them but this one is a super special event for them so I am all for trying it as I know the exact spots it needs to go. I have never had to use it before so any suggestions on a liquid I could apply and where to get it would be appreciated. Need it for next week.
Thanks in advance!
Chris

DL Signs

Never go against the family
Use something like 3M Primer 94 or a similar wrap product. The 3M comes in a pint can, or a pen.
It's a clear primer to add extra adhesion for graphics where it's needed, like in recesses, edges of graphics that may be prone to popping loose. Don't use more than you need, because like anything that promotes adhesion, where it's applied the vinyl will be a bit harder to remove when the time comes, but it will still be removable. If you use an actual adhesive, you may not be able to remove it, it may react with the vinyl or it's adhesive, or you may not get it off without damaging the surface it's applied to.