• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Liquid Laminate?

phototec

Which Liquid Laminate do you use on Eco-Sol printed banners for long term UV protection (satin finish)?

I was using Drytac EnduraCoat Transit - Liquid Coating for Outdoor & Fleet Graphics (1 Gallon), but I am having problems finding it. Like it has been discontinued.

Thanks for any suggestions

C

ColoPrinthead

When I worked in a shop that specialized in commerical fleet wraps we used Marabu.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
When I worked in a shop that specialized in commerical fleet wraps we used Marabu.

Marabu then morphed into the name Clear Shield. It's widely used but be sure to use the 'Original Formula' or 'Classic'. It's far more UV protective than vinyl laminate and it's tough but it's still only 1 mm of acrylic as compared to 2 mm of vinyl. I've been using it for years. I never laminate with vinyl unless held at gunpoint.

C

ColoPrinthead

Interesting, I thought the "clear shield classic" was the finish type, but now I see the Clear Shield logo on the back of the gallon I bought that it is definitely labeled as with the Marabu Logo also.