• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Liquid laminator or Hot/cold laminator

frmdstryr

I am looking into buying a laminator and I was wondering if I could get some input on which is better. Lamination will mainly be used for media printed from our versacamm.

Thanks

CS-SignSupply

Dry time and storage could be an issue with the liquid laminator.

Heat Assist seems to be the preferred method of the majority of my clients, while others use cold.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
It really depends on the applications you are going to target, if you plan to ever do tradeshow graphics a liquid laminate will not give you what you need. Much wider variety of applications with a cold laminator.

Sticky Signs

I'd go cold. Less BS to deal with and lower cost up front. Not a fan of liquid lam. Heat is good but I don't think it's really necessary.

marcsitkin

If you have the money, dual heated rollers are a great way to go. Really depends on how much flexibility you need. I've had 2 cold, one single hot, and now have the dual heat roller set up and it's really a very nice way to go.

WB

If you have the money, dual heated rollers are a great way to go. Really depends on how much flexibility you need. I've had 2 cold, one single hot, and now have the dual heat roller set up and it's really a very nice way to go.

I agree, dual heated lamiator.. we had a liquid lam for awhile wasn't very inpmressed and ended up giving it back 6months later.