• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

List of eco solvent printers anything other than roland,mimaki,mutoh?

juan45215

Hey Mayne, I agree with just about all the responses. Subbing it out would be your best bet. Even if you bought a 20k printer there is still a learning curve that will cost you alot of $ in materials.

If you are dead set on getting your own equipment you might consider leasing. Your payments for a printer and laminator would be about $600 per month. I got my lease approved in 3 days and I have far from perfect credit. Your 3k would cover the first 5 months and hopefully by then you will be making money off the printer.

Good luck

The1Railroader

USB printer cable for an HP 5500 Designjet

Hi kidz... I am trying to find a USB Cable for my printer, the HP 5500 Designjet. Is there a 25 pin to usb cable that will work... I have bought two so far and nothing, unless there is more to the set up than just plugging it in and letting it find the printer.... I have tries a Centronics and it shows error no matter where I look or what I try. Clue? help? Cable name and number for ordering? Can't thank y'all enough for your help in the past... I am using Win 7 on an HP Pavilion....

player

Get a 25 pin port as an add on card for your computer instead of a conversion cable. Get a good one that is win7 compatible.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
You may find an older Mutoh Outdoor Jr. Rockhopper (38") for your budget.
Assuming it doesn't need new parts and you can get the deposit from the job to pay for the initial set of inks and vinyls...you absolutely don't want to listen to anyone on here that is advocating doing wraps without lamination. You made it sound like "some say laminate...and some don't".
Pretty sure it may be 1 person said no laminate and the rest laughed.
Anyway...you could at least do banners and some auto decals with a 38" printer. I wouldn't do a full wrap with one.
I'd do as most are saying...get your feet wet working at another shop before jumping in with your clothes on. You'll sink fast.

k.a.s.

I don't know if the OP is still paying attention, but I'll add some more advice.

On 3k I would forget about wraps and buy a good used Graphtec plotter and start doing simple vinyl. If it is 3 or 4 colors just layer it, thats what we did for years. It takes more time but it can be done and you can make some money to save for your printer. And in the meantime you would be learning & establishing a client base.

Save up 10-15 grand and you could pick up a used JV-33 and laminator and THEN you can do wraps.

People are giving you could advise, listen to it.

Kevin