• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Little Trick for those with Transfer Tape problems...

splizaat

Hey guys, just offering a little tip :)

With all the cold weather here in oregon, we have issues with our paper transfer tape staying down on the paper liner before we present the product to the customer.

Recently I decided to experiment and have started to toss decals in my heat press (WITHOUT the heat on) and lock the press down for a few minutes...obviously this only helps with smaller decals, but it definitely has helped us out a lot with getting the transfer tape to look presentable.

Hope this helps atleast one person :)
Matt

BadAss

We never have that problem. We always leave a weed border on and that way you can trim the decals to a square around the decal. Has 2 fold perks. 1: keeps transfer paper from lifting as it stay to the vinyl left from the weed border, 2: if you give to a customer the inside square of the weed border is always Square. So when installing gives them a perfect place to measure to.

JAMEY

We never have that problem. We always leave a weed border on and that way you can trim the decals to a square around the decal. Has 2 fold perks. 1: keeps transfer paper from lifting as it stay to the vinyl left from the weed border, 2: if you give to a customer the inside square of the weed border is always Square. So when installing gives them a perfect place to measure to.

Pics?

splizaat

Badass - that's not a bad idea but my customers i don't think would appreciate having to peel the square striping around the edge after they install the decal...The heat press trick seems to have worked great for us so far.