• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Loading Maps into GPS

TheSnowman

Has anyone here ever loaded other maps onto their garmin (or the like) for outdoor hiking, and/or ATV trails? I am going to be heading to Michigan over Memorial Day for a trail ride, and would love to know where I am on the trail. I didn't know if there was a place to buy the different maps that Michigan has or what.

All I've been able to find thus far is printable maps, or stuff I can order that is a printed map, but nothing in the GPS world. I wanted to know if anyone had actually don't it before I spent any more time working on trying to figure it out.

GypsyGraphics

Do you have an iPhone? I know there are hiking/terrain map apps. I think one is called Every Trail.

Why carry a phone and gps when your phone has both. One of my cars has built-in navigation, another has a Garmin and neither compare to the iPhone's navigation. It always offers, various forms of travel, driving, walking and public transportation.