• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Loading Omega issue...

Arlo Kalon 2.0

A tech support guy @ Gerber on Friday asked me to load my new Omega 2.1 program into a second computer I told him I had (this was after we spent nearly 3 hours ascertaining that there were unexplainable problems with the 1st machine). It won't load into the second machine at all - at least, not the actual Omega program.

I easily got the Rainbow Sentinel driver set up, verified the USB port for the security key, and loaded all the "extras" on the CD. But ALL it will do is stare back at me when I try to select INSTALL OMEGA. The machine where this is happening is an AMD Athlon XP 1.6Ghz w/ 512 mags RAM.

I was able to install Omega on the first machine... but the Edge still gets DATA ERROR messages every time. We have RULED OUT a hardware issue with the Edge itself, but not with the parallel port (correctly set to AT). So, we thought "go with the other machine". I was wondering if maybe the fact that I was upgrading from GA 6 and had to do the "program" the security key deal on the FIRST machine, and then take that key to another machine would be gummin up the works somehow?

There is no reason apparent why this should not be working right now.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
If Omega will launch on the first machine then it is seeing the USB key and it has been converted to your upgrade version successfully. Installing onto a second machine, providing you are using the same CD as the first should give you a ready to use install.

Arlo Kalon 2.0

A DAVE 800 said:
I was able to install Omega on the first machine... but the Edge still gets DATA ERROR messages every time. We have RULED OUT a hardware issue with the Edge itself

Last night, I re-installed a scanner I'd had on my computer the Edge has always been connected to. This morning, while getting ready to call Tech Support bright & early, I fired it all up to make notes of what the error messages were. Everything is fine again, and the new PCI parallel port I added for the Edge is working right,... ALL since putting the OLD scanner back on (I put a different one on at the same time as everything cratered for a solid week). Looks like all along this would've been the fix - NEVER needed the Omega upgrade from GA to fix it... man - DO NOT tell my wife! HOW DID I EVER live w/out Omega???