• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Loading Omega on to Mac Book

Gordy Saunders

Have a new Mac Book - All other computers in the office are PC. Can I load my Omega software onto the Mac Book without any problems?

OldPaint

sure))))))macs can do anything without any problems....
dont their book tell ya that???)))))))))))))))))

John Butto

download

If that is the Gerber software it was designed for Windows and you need the Apple bootcamp or another program (there are several) that that will run the Windows software on the MacBook. Go to apple.com and you will get the information you need without the laughs.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Like John said, you can use Bootcamp that is already in your MacBook. One problem with Bootcamp is that you have to reboot to switch OS's, with a program like VMWARE Fusion or Parallels you can have both OS's open at the same time. oh and don't forget, you need a copy of XP or Vista. On my system I use VMWARE Fusion with an added screen, so I normally have OSX on one screen and XP on the other.

SebastienL

Ovbiously, software for Mac and PC are not interchangeable.I run Bootcamp on my Imac at work. I tried a parallel desktop but their were issues with a dongle key. Bootcamp with XP, please. Our computer technician didn't even want to try Vista. From what i've heard of Vista, I didn't object. I only use the PC side for Autocad and Type 3 (a CNC programming software). Everything else is on the Mac side. It takes about 2 minutes to switch from one side to the other, but I wouldn't have any other way.

Rodi

So OP, now that Apple computers can indeed use windows apps, can windows use Mac apps? Not on your life! Geeze they can't even get windows geeks to like vista. Talk about clinging.

OldPaint

goudie any relation to SAUNDERS REALTORS?
RODI.....i DONT WANT A MAC, WONT HAVE A MAC, cant see any reason they are worth the money you spend on em.
now the guy GOT GOOBER and A MAC... whole lot a money........and they dont like each other ....geeeeee...
and i been cuttin from corel(version 3 to start) and WINDERS....and get my work done and its paid for its self many times over....IF IT AINT BROKE...donr mess with it))))

Gordy Saunders

Thank you. I appriciate the input. You guys have answered my question. I have a guy that just came on board and he has a new Mac Book. Is going to use it for sales and design. I'm not really familiar with mac, and he is. I did'nt know what could be done one way or the other, but I did'nt want to risk my programs or his computer by just leaping into it. THANKS AGAIN.