• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Logo Critique

thinksigns

SnowFlake
Working on a logo for a tax company. Do you guys have any thoughts?

Attachments

• integ.jpg
    integ.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 118

showcase 66

Something looks a little off to me. Not sure what exactly. I like the idea of egr but the ty connecting doesn't look right to me. Seems unbalanced that way. IMO

signmeup

The tax/bookeeping is orphaned down there. Need to tie it in somehow. Do you have an all caps version?

MX1CAN

a variation of the same theme.

As CSDD said I like the idea of the interlocking eg. Other than that I don't think you should have any ligatures on the rest of the logo.

What about removing the serifs/arms on the rest of the logo? Just make it a sans-serif font and have equal space between the letters.

I would modify it for you and show you what I mean but I'm a bit pressed for time :smile:

Brandon708

I like heath's version. I think the original looks ok from the thumbnail but the text it makes it hard to read flowing together.

HulkSmash

I like the design, but i think the tax and bookeeping were being lost in the white space.

Check this way out.

Attachments

• Integrity.jpg
    Integrity.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 85

Fitch

If allowed, switch the "Bookkeeping" and "Tax" around, moving them up sitting between the natural negative space the characters have created.

Cheers - G

Tiki

Font Sage
Try Raising the Descenders up a little and move the bottom copy up closer

Attachments

• 8c74371b9c2367e391693bf7175b3917.jpg
    8c74371b9c2367e391693bf7175b3917.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 79

signswi

The e is violating the integrity of the g and that conceptually bugs me. Are you designing a logomark or is this logotype the only logo? What happens when they need to use a mark in a small space like a social media avatar?

thinksigns

SnowFlake
The e is violating the integrity of the g and that conceptually bugs me. Are you designing a logomark or is this logotype the only logo? What happens when they need to use a mark in a small space like a social media avatar?

I'm not sure of the difference between a logomark and a logotype. I completely messed with the integrity of all the letters, but I don't think it goes too far.

I sent version 3.0 to the client last night. I will let everyone know the outcome.