• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Logo for my business

CP Signs

Oh well,,,,I did look at some of the links provided here and I have a good idea on his logo,,,,except whatever font people are hating. Our logo is very boring,,,,,but people remember it,,,keep hearing, saw your logo all over town, or on a car, or sign,,,,,some said, we want something similar, simple and easy to remember. Sometimes people try to be TOO creative and forget what the logo should do! Just my .04$

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
Oh well,,,,I did look at some of the links provided here and I have a good idea on his logo,,,,except whatever font people are hating. Our logo is very boring,,,,,but people remember it,,,keep hearing, saw your logo all over town, or on a car, or sign,,,,,some said, we want something similar, simple and easy to remember. Sometimes people try to be TOO creative and forget what the logo should do! Just my .04$

That is a great way of saying it, only it wasn't simple and memorable, it looked like the dude played too much Portal 2 and thought a cmyk version of it with a trite typed out typeface was good. If I saw that logo, I would think he is a photo printing service. But to each their own. My logo is simple, but I think I spent about 6 months refining it to not be complex in the slightest. Simple is great, clipart is not.

CP Signs

Lol,,,I also spend countless hours on a logo,,,,,and then in 5 minutes, I did the one we are using and never looked back. I look at it now and could fix sooooo many things on it,,,,,,but why fix it,,,,nobody as far as customers can see the flaws,,,hahahahah

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Whether or not it actually was or wasn't should be the least of your worries, the point is it looks like it was. In other words it doesn't look original and that could mean getting lost in the crowd when you could be standing out. Just something to think about.

I could name a bunch, but I think what would really set you apart is to try creating your own unique type style... Especially since your icons thus far aren't very interesting and the only thing left is the lettering. You can still be simple and clean but also unique. Play around on a pad of paper, experiment a little, but don't just ask what font should I use. Part of the process of improving is to discover those things on your own... develop you own style.

As far as the icon: What does it mean to you? What should it mean to your clients? You say you like the style and you tried to mimic it, but it needs to be more than just that. The Aperture logo from Portal is supposed to represent portals, which is what Aperture in the game is selling. In that case it means something. Also that logo was purposely designed to look generic, it's supposed to look cliche-corporate. If you want to be in the creative industry, you do not want to look cliche-corporate.

I would imagine you would want to protect your brand especially if it's worth protecting. You can't if it's not original.

Looking at it from our perspective, there are a lot of people who don't listen on this forum. That's not necessarily fair to the few folks that are the exception to that rule, but then no said it had to be fair. You are going to get many different flavors of advice here and elsewhere, some positive, some negative, that probably has a lot to do with how that person was taught or what works for them... but the tone of that critique isn't really important, the fact that what you have created caused some kind of reaction is important. It's our jobs to understand why and to react, because your customers and our clients customers aren't going to come out and tell you what they think of our work and they certainly aren't going to tell us how to fix it. It's our job to figure that out. Some on this forum will tell you what you can do to improve, some wont, they will just tell you that there is room to improve, but you would be wise to consider both when moving forward.

Well if you are not a designer, but are asking designers for advice, this can mean two things... you want to be one, or you don't. If you do and you asked for opinions, you have to take the bad with the good, cause you'll get it from future clients too, might as well practice getting it here. If you don't want to be a designer, then hire one, your image is too important to half-a$$ it, and professional designers aren't too keen in helping non designers do their job instead of hiring them. Does that make sense?

I have to acknowledge this great critique... too many threads taking a dump lately and laced in-between crap posts are nuggets like this...

Gino

Premium Subscriber
No he's not playing games. He deleted the image and modified his profile after trying to get me to intervene. :noway:

Like I said, he's playing games.

Anyone, regardless of what country you are from or how much you try to schmooze the rest of us schmoozers triying to put one over.... you're gonna get caught.

If someone wants to play with the rest of the members, they need to learn to take it on the chin when they are in the wrong. Whether or not he did or did not know coming in, he was playing in the big leagues and he didn't like the game anymore, cause he simply didn't have what it takes. Pulling out because of embarrassment or harassment, he... nor anyone else will ever learn if they keep running away. Life sometimes is tough..... then you might stumble into this place and really find out what it takes.

Wheteher the medicine is bitter or tastes good, it always helps to keep taking it until the dosage is over. Just like being on antibiotics.

John Butto

Like I said, he's playing games.

Anyone, regardless of what country you are from or how much you try to schmooze the rest of us schmoozers triying to put one over.... you're gonna get caught.

If someone wants to play with the rest of the members, they need to learn to take it on the chin when they are in the wrong. Whether or not he did or did not know coming in, he was playing in the big leagues and he didn't like the game anymore, cause he simply didn't have what it takes. Pulling out because of embarrassment or harassment, he... nor anyone else will ever learn if they keep running away. Life sometimes is tough..... then you might stumble into this place and really find out what it takes.

Wheteher the medicine is bitter or tastes good, it always helps to keep taking it until the dosage is over. Just like being on antibiotics.
Gino, you remind me of Ward Cleaver.