• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Logo for Organic Supply

JR's

ROCKS

Attachments

• ROCK STARS.jpg
    ROCK STARS.jpg
    377.2 KB · Views: 301

Jackflush

Gorgor
Yes Im taking suggestions. Suggested so far? The one that stands out is stop lying. I dont remeber lying but I suppose thats what all liars say. If you want a confession out of me its not a problem. I used some mountain top slop. I think I snapped it off 7 years ago on another job I didnt get. This aspect of the job ya know "creating art from just whats in yer heart" is very much not easily conjored out of me. I might have a clipart heart. Ya know I guess im not too proud and the things Mr Gino said kind of make me think this place for real artists who take pride in their work. Ya know I havent really gave it much thought till today. Maybe Ill never get it. I mean I buy my fonts and use free fonts I sometimes scan in my drawings and vector them up. Takes a long time. This design has been long and tedious to say the least. Im not going to admit how many hours Ive spent but I wont be getting those back for sure. But yeah I guess I should thank this Gino guy. most people dont have the courage to say what needs to be said. I stand by my thumbs down tho. Ginos getting Thums down from me for whats left of eternity.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I would put up what I have so far but Corel 18 has been color shifting upon reopening of files. So have to run that bug off before I can show the final.
Regards to the 101

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Wow, you mentioned me 3 times in one short paragraph. I feel flattered.

Give me all the thumbs down, ya want. I'm a big boy, I can take it, but I do wish they would be warranted in handing out your 'thumbs down' pat on the backs. You disliked something that was the truth and you're either too something not to know any better or as I said before.... a liar. I call a spade, a spade just like I sees it.

edit: Quite honestly, I found the exact same clipart, further down on the page.​

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
The Hair Studio guy had a happy ending... stick in there Jack and take the feedback and use it and you too will be notching another happy ending... Even Niagra felt the need to up his shop game by painting the floor.... a hidious color in my opinion but still an improvement.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
There are plenty websites filled with people that do make logos all day every day. I’d suggest outsourcing to those, you’ve admitted yourself that you’re not great at designing logos, so outsource them and spend more time on the things you’re good at, like giving Gino the thumbs down :roflmao:

equippaint

I'm with Iprintstuff, focus more on giving the thumbs down to people and outsource the rest. Much more efficient use of time.
Seriously though, don't waste time trying to do things that you know you will never be good at. You seem to know your weaknesses which is a good attribute to have but escapes many. Use your time doing things that you are good at and hire / sub out the things that you are not because that is what good business owners and manager do. It will take you much farther and get you there faster.

Big Rice Field

Electrical/Architectural Sign Designer
Every time I see the word "organic" it grates on me. It was co-opted by the hippie set from chemistry. Oranic by definition is a chemical compound that is carbon and hydrogen based. Hell, charcoal briquets are organic. They can eat them. Or wait, they are the same ones that eat Tide Pods. ..
:dog42:

Marco

I dont like any of those sketches. I agree with ditch all and start fresh, non organic way.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 276

Andy D

And WTF is organic gardening supplies? Shovels made from trees not sprayed with roundup? This organic BS is getting out of hand... even our maid service is organic...and I have to come behind them and bleach **** cause their non toxic stuff doesnt always work.
I normally agree with you Texas, but organic gardening supplies are hard to find: Heirloom plants, a fertilizer that isn't made from petroleum, non-toxic herbicides, and pesticides, etc... Homegrown plants are so much better without all that cr@p.