• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Logo on Protective mats

Schickworks

I have a client who uses large padded mats (4'x8') around an ice rink to protect young figure skaters from injuring themselves. They are a heavy vinyl/plastic type material and have fairly thick padding, about 10 to 12 inches or so. The client would like to add a logo to some of them. Any one have a great idea(s) on what to use for this? i have a concern with using vinyl for the application because of the huge amount of flexibility in the pads when they are hit by people. Its also cold all the time in an ice rink (obvious to some) so would that not also cause issues with the vinyl stretching and flexing? Screenprinting isnt really an economical option as they would be one-offs. (one sponsor logo per mat).

Thanks,

vid

My first thought would be to fabricate a banner material into a box like shape to fit over the cushions. I'd be skeptical of the vinyl adhering to the cushions as they may have a coating that would resist the adhesive --- like easy-clean tire covers.

...but that's just me typing out loud.

mamos

I would test some banner vinyl.

I use it on inflatable boats and yacht sails with no problem

paul

SebastienL

Any banner material is going to get chewed up by the skates in no time flat, imo. We use this stuff regularly: https://www.gfloorgraphic.com/

It's a thick vinyl mat. Comes with different textures. Graphics is mounted under the mat. Never tried skates on it, but I think it might hold up.

Good luck.